giant aircrafts to fly again!
Notestoponder has a great blog with regular musings on a wealth of randomly interesting topics. A few weeks ago she pondered Zepplins – those fascinating flying machines of yore that look oddly more futuristic than our modern day aeroplane flying machines.
The good news is, they’re back! The modern version, called hybrid air vehicles, are being tested. Interesting facts:
- they’re not bound together with millions of dead cow intestines glued with water
- they’re not filled with highly explosive gas
- they’re environmentally friendly
- they can stay airborne for over three weeks and carry 50 tonnes of freight
- Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden is one of their high profile investors
See them in action on the BBC website.